The finish-what-you've-started mojo continues. T-shirts stitched! Two begun last November toward the end of my Tshirt modifying (upgrading?) bender of summer '25. They were intended as holiday gifts last December
I'd stalled deciding what to do after the neckline--II stitche dthe heart and didn't want to
distract from the perfect message by being too decorative. This month I saw that running stitch around the letters was the solution. Boom: xmas in July for my sister and bro-in-law. Shirts from Mahogany Mommies.
KNITTING: I randomly picked up this started project. (I just struggled and failed to find a clever way to desccribe the areas of my office that have bags or baskets of wips, suggestions welcome.) This chosen by
virtue of portability and if I'm being honest, the first thing my hand fell on. It's a
Sophie Scarf*. I know, I know, many deride them . I am a fan and this is my 4th or 5th. Love the mindless pattern, love using up a luxurious skein or two and I
find them super wearable especially in lightweight cashmere like this one. I love a cashmere scarf and a flannel shirt in winter. This one started in 2022 as a gift for a model I used to work with a
lot , she chose the ballerina pink. We fell out of touch and so did the knit. * I use the darker piece of yarn to keep track of my increases or decreases, I flop it across the row where they occur and yank it out when the scarf is done. READING: Whistler by Ann Patchett. You all are right. So good !
PLANNING!!: Ghost Ranch in Abiqui New Mexico Oct 4-10th , co-teaching a class on POWERFUL STORYTELLING: Words & Pictures with Beverly Army-Williams. Our dream come true teaching gig: if you're not familiar with it, this artful retreat ranch is Georiga O'Keefe's former hang-- the landscape is one you'll recognize from her desert painitngs.
Beverly and I met on her porch (with handsome husky Oskar supervising) to finetune our workshop--it is going to be truly wonderful. Our dream-come-true class would be filled with our virtual maker/knitter/blogger/creative friends (aka YOU) joining us. There's ample free time each day to enjoy the ranch and the stunning northern New Mexico environment . All the details here, there is still room in it. Wouldn,t an early October adventure in New Mexico amongst friends be just right?Summer is summering! I'm looking forward to hopping on Kat's Unraveling links to see what others are making and reading!


No comments:
Post a Comment