Maybe the first time ever, this week I completed a knit while simultaneously finishing listening to the final chapter of a book.
Sophie Scarf not yet blocked in Lang Premium Cashmere. It is a paler pink than it appears here, the very palest of pink. The stitches along the edge will settle in.It will be gifted to the person it was intended for when I started it in 2022.
If I were one to pair a project and fiber choice with a book I wouldn't have done wrong to match it to Whistler by Ann Patchett, which was also lovely and gentle and engaging and went by fast. Add a nice cool rosé and you'd be all set. Wish I'd though of that!
Next up in the "finish-or -reimagine-all-the-started-things-in '26" line up is this very lightweight cropped sweater, I am knitting it in a yarn I love, Coast by Holst Garn . Its a lofty, lightweight cotton wool blend, comes in fabulous shades- I've linked it to my favorite source, The Yarnery in St Paul MN. They ship super fast.
This yarn was originally knit into a Lavallette teeby Mary Lou Egan (spoiler alert this pattern uses so-called condo knitting on the faux lace part. SO fun to knit!)
I will honestly say it was a wonderful make however, I wanted it very oversized, and in 2020 I was larger myself as I ate and drank my way through the pandemic lockdown so...so it turned out too big to keep in 2021. I never got to weaving in ends and the final touches. In 2024 I frogged it and cast on for a light airy very simple pullover, using the Vanilla Sweater pattern. I'm knitting it on size US 6 needles even though it is a fingering weight, it's loftiness makes it hang nice and airy.
I picture it as a layer with a tank top and shorts in the evening or
over a sundress or high waisted baggy jeans. I may even leave the neckline somethinbg like it is instead of the shallow ribbing suggested in the pattern. Mostly though I am now
picturing it finished!
Now I need a new book. As always I'll be reading through all of the Unraveling posts this week for suggestions (and to find out if anyone has reviewed Daniel Mason's new book).
No comments:
Post a Comment