Thursday, January 16, 2020

3 things on my mind (work related)

 Berries in a Box by Lori Versaci
Hadley by Veronik Avery  as seen on Mason Dixon Knitting (their gorgeous Winterburn Aran yarn!)

1) I photograph many knits on jobs,  that I'd like to (make and) wear --but wouldn't connect on my own.  The two above are just the tip of the iceberg.  Go check out the link for the top one, Berries in a Box. It looks good on so many different body types. Including mine!   Yes--of course I try on samples while they are here with me for photo shoots. Wouldn't you?  I thought this shape would be too much for a shortie but it was so good.

The second one, Hadley, is no surprise style-wise for me . However, I'd only seen the original pattern that was multicolored--and it's a whole'nother  look in dark red and oatmeal. , like this sample I was sent to photograph.


2. Why why why why why am I dragging my feet on getting my new website up?  Even a good sheep shot can only hold a place for so long!  The funny thing is, I had my professional website very early on--in 1999, when relatively few photographers had websites, and most internet activity was still dial up or slow connections. The images on it were tiny!  I've had many webites since then...and a new one has been half designed for months now.
Do you drive yourself crazy not getting things done too? 

Thanks to Nancy of Getting Purly With It, for this photo , she was in the class :-) and caught me making namaste hands without knowing it.

3.  I love teaching iPhonography workshops. Yesterday's in New York at HereNowSpace was especially enjoyable. The participants were so talented and engaged.  It didn't hurt that the venue is stylish, had state of the art projection (love) and we were  surrounded by samples of mYak yarn, as it is also their showroom
At the end I was asked if I have an online video instruction version of my workshop. Nope. I almost always get this question when I teach....usually I just say nope and move on. This time I started pondering. Maybe I should produce one? On the things-to-look-into list! 
______________________________

Maybe a better title for this is 3 random things...but hey look at me, three blogposts already for 2020! See you next week. or, maybe this weekend wandering around VKL in NY ?
 


5 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

Berries in a box very much reminds me of how Isabell Kraemer's Reagan cardigan fits! And, I love that red on oatmeal! Gorgeous! (AND, I would love to take an iPhone photography class from you!)

Happy Thursday - enjoy VKLive!

Carole said...

Oh! That red and oatmeal together is fabulous! Have fun at VKL this weekend!

Vicki Knitorious said...

#3 -- YES PLEASE!!!

cal patch said...

yes, i surely do drive myself crazy not finishing things! and websites are especially tough. but we will be here waiting patiently when it's ready!

Jeannie Gray Knits said...

Gosh, I never procrastinate! (I'm choking on my own tongue on that one! ha ha) Love that version of Hadley!!