Tuesday, April 07, 2009

graft but in a good way

First and importantly: the two contest winners were randomly generated. One winner's been contacted through her blog but the second is Donna who commented at 1:11pm here. Donna can you email me? There's no link to you from the comments. ezisusATsnetDOTnet.
I wish I could send everyone a skein of yarn to show how much I adore you. But that'd be so...Boss Tweed. (Just a thought- wouldn't that be a great knit blog name? Take it, it's yours).
REL_4590
And I grafted what needed to be , finishing my Francis Revisited 2 in time for a visit with a photographer friend. She's not a knitter so didn't realize the importance of telling me one side of the cowl was flipping up. It behaves nicely in real life. In fact so does the formerly flippy hem. No complaints though- she found me the perfect setting.

12 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I'm so glad you're in the running for the finals on the heifer project. Your new sweater looks wonderful, flipped cowl and all.

Cathy R said...

That is really quite a comfortable looking sweater. I love the stripes and the accent colors on collar and hem.

Congrats on yet another finished object!! I need to get back to project monagamy in order to get my piles under control...

(my verification word is "atches", to which I must say "Bless you")

DonnaW said...

Hi Gale,

Are you referring to me, Donna from 1:11 p.m. this comment? Donna said...
Good luck. Sounds like a great project!

1:11 PM

Woohoo! I win.
Thank you so much. I am at knitwritecookgo

Ellen Bloom said...

Oooooo, yeah...good photo location...great shot! The sweater looks comfy, classy and very "one-of-a-kind."

margene said...

Love the sweater and the shoot is perfect. We all know knits will misbehave but it looks so natural.

Turtle said...

the sweater looks great! congrats winners

Anonymous said...

Luv yer hair--did you do something?

xo Kay

Mary Lou said...

As an irish american recently back from NJ, I say, what's wrong with graft? I love the Boss Tweed idea, perhaps a sweater design. And if you don't like it, someone will come over and beat you up. Nice sweater. Are you showing off that it's warm enough to have your hose outside and it doesn't freeze?

Birdsong said...

What a great look on you! Very good job on getting to an FO with all of this excitement.

craftivore said...

Francis looks lovely and you look so happy in her. Keeping my fingers crossed for Heifer.

twinsetellen said...

Great sweater, and Mary Lou's comment is cracking me up.

Anonymous said...

Your sweater looks wonderful...I love the color combination you used. Those stripes are just perfect.