Tuesday, October 23, 2012

rhinebeck photo shoot roundup love

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who stopped by and posed, and/or tweeted, blogged, FB'ed or stopped strangers with a tap on the shoulder and told them to come by to my photo project shoot, Rhinebeck Style, at the NY Sheep & Wool festival last weekend. It really was a spectacular weekend in every way.
0665_1012GaleZucker_RS 
Not to mention some big fun.
Huge thanks to my niece Ariana, who worked with me all weekend. I don't do the  Rhinebeck sweater thing (the pressure!)  but I did make us 2 sets of Rhinebeck fingerless mitts from handspun.

 I'm running out of town to work in DC this week but before I leave, just this report and many thanks--and a regret that I couldn't have stopped to chat with everyone, friends new & old. so....drumrolllll..... we shot

 • 2152 images at the festival 

 • around 203 people posed for us 

• a couple dozen are now doing the Hollywood chin everytime a camera comes out 

• we shot sheep, llamas, one pair of Paco-Vicunas 1493_1012GaleZucker_RS 
and one adorable cashmere goat. Stay tuned for more. This is too wonderful to let sit unattended--I've got  my (handknit) (handspun) thinking cap on for sharing this project. You all looked wonderful (seriously).

9 comments:

Stacey (FreshStitches) said...

Oh, that goat is TOO MUCH!

Can't wait to see what becomes of the photos :)

Stacey W. said...

Thank you for the chance to pose for you! I can't wait to see what you do with all those photos, especially my little Mr. Pumpkin Head!

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you! Maddy and I had fun posing for you :)

Liz Kaplan said...

So sorry to have missed the opportunity to share in the fun. I already love the results! Look forward to seeing whatever you do.

Mary Lou said...

Next year! I really want to! Saw you and ARianna in the Yarn Harlot review of Rhinebeck.

Cathy R said...

Your niece is adorable!

It looks like a good time was had by all...

twinsetellen said...

How did I miss this!??? I am kicking myself - so busy was I between Jan's son's wedding and getting ready to travel to Rhinebeck that I fell behind on blog reading. Not only did I fail to get shot, I failed to see you! I am double-plus sorry and you can kick me a little, too, next time we cross paths. Just a little, but I'll deserve it.

The mitts are fab, by the way.

Robin V said...

Love that goat!

craftivore said...

Is that Pauline the Cashmere goat?!! She was a star at the fair. It was so fun to have you shooting everyone again, I can't wait for you to share some of pictures. Glad you liked being called the Bill Cunningham of Fiberfolk, your response made me laugh. I consider that a compliment of the highest kind because I would adopt Bill Cunningham if I could, he's so cute and I love his very inclusive approach to fashion.