Monday, September 03, 2012

the zoe blanket

*Fiber College, later this week. Still time to join in. Here's why*
Can I have a youGogirl or a yeeHA or something? I have knits to show.  First up: the Zoe blanket. 300_0912GaleZuckerfamvar
Good old straight ahead stockinette knitting, after spending much of the summer getting all snagged in the loopy extra fine mohair of this shawl .zoe knit blanket
It was a pleasure to fly through these stitches.  I practiced different ways of holding the needles to go fastest with the least amount of movement. (can you say knitting nerd?) BTW? The day after I completed it, I found the phonecam photo of the color progression I had in mind when I bought the yarn last year. I'd laid the skeins out and snapped it, so I'd have it for reference. Joke on me! It wasn't this order at all.

290_0912GaleZuckerfamvar 
But it seems to work just fine, anyway. zoe knit blanket 
My inspiration was this blanket on Pinterest. I assumed it was narrow stripes without any repeating colors. In the interest of economy,  I just chose eight skeins and went with wide stripes, and imitated the color change textures with 2 rows of K1P1 at each change.zoe knit blanket 
Not long ago I realized the blanket I admired is also on Ravelry--and I learned the narrow stripes repeated, so it wasn't like I'd have had to purchase 25 different colored skeins after all. Even so, I have enough left over to make Zoe a sweater in the same color stripes. 
zoe knit blanket 
She seems pleased with it, too.

13 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

It came out great and she is too cute!

Carole Knits said...

The blanket is awesome and Zoe is clearly thriving!

twinsetellen said...

You had this on your mind when we were picking out that alpaca for the Wearwithall shawl, didn't you?

But this is so much more joyful and the model is absolutely adorable. I love your finished blanket and color sequence!

Rose said...

I like the wide stripes better actually, they seem calmer, somehow. Beautiful baby too!

Cookie said...

Que bella! Lovely blanket, too.

xo

Jenn said...

It's wonderful! And she does look so very happy!

Ellen Bloom said...

VERRRRRRY sweet blanket for an extremely sweet little girl. She's very lucky!

Kay said...

What a merry little ray of sunshine she is! Love the bright blanket, it suits her so well.

xo Kay

gayle said...

Looks like she loves her beautiful blanket!
(Looking at the last 2 photos, I think the flamingo needs a purple hat...)

Anonymous said...

Baby, so very adorable! Blanket, beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Baby, so very adorable! Blanket, beautiful!

Lori ann said...

super adorable! love that first photo where baby is all wrapped up in the delicious stripy colors!

craftivore said...

The Zoe blanket, sob, so freakin adorable.