Monday, July 14, 2008

this pot shall remain lidless

0708GZUCKERfv_  0276
The second
Couvercle was more successful than the first, but , on me? Not so much. The very round shape was still wrong fitwise and the brim wrong for my nose face. Worst of all, when I looked in the mirror, I saw my Hassidic Aunt Chaya from Brooklyn looking back at me.
0708GZUCKERfv_  0283
Back to the needles for this yardage. It was fun to knit, even if it didn't work out.

0708GZUCKERfv_  0262
Way more successful: grilled zucchini and beet slices on our new grill. yay, we're cooking with gas!

PS : go enter our Shear Spirit yarn contest till midnight tonight!

PPS: If you're in the shoreline CT area (or want to daytrip), I'm talking at RJ Julia Booksellers in Madison tomorrow evening, there's a LYS Madison Wool raffle for a $50. gift certificate. Bring your knitting & say hi!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're blogging about ME now? Oy veh!

Chasidic Aunt Chaya (From Brooklyn)

(xo Kay)

Sheila said...

Too funny as while I was logging in to check your blog for the day, my husband and I were talking about my Hassidic education (three years with ALL the nashville jewish kids to avoid bussing)! It all started when I was trying (for the umpteenth time) to unsubscribe from B&H Emails and the husband told me to tell them "don't make me call your rabbi!"

Anonymous said...

Your beets look wonderful. Any special preparation, or did you just pop them on the grill?

Inquiring minds just want to know..

Vicki Knitorious said...

Oh! I must expand my beet repertoire! Those look DELICIOUS. Brush 'em with oil? A few minutes on each side? Somethin' like that?

Earin Marybird said...

Ah, genes. You can't get away from them. The older I get the more I seem to be morphing into my closest relatives. (My mother and I both LOVE beets.)

It's a nice nose. With personality. : - )