Monday, July 28, 2008

on the sidewalks of NY

0708GZUCKERfv_  1028
You never know who you'll run into on the street.

Naw. It was pre-arranged. We met , but I refused to let her show me the book until we got to a setting with better lighting. Plus iced coffee and fresh sandwiches as well, at a clean table.

Then.. OK, I'm not unbiased, that's my name credited on the cover below Ann & Kay's, for the photography (nice things said about me here) . And with great power comes great responsibility, so I really shouldn't preview it....

Naw. This book ROCKS!!! I will be totally immodest here and say it is knockdown gorgeous. How could it not be, these two authors put together a collection of remarkable projects to knit, wonderful ideas, with their unique combination of smart writing and joyful experimentation. The knits are shown in the spirit in which they were created: clever, original, down-to-earth, and bursting with life in the real settings that Kay & Ann talk about on their blog. Yup, not only was I in Kay's kitchen but this Yankee stayed at Monteagle, pass the pimento cheese, ma'am! Bless your heart.

Seriously, Kay had to watch me page through the complete volume, while I , with no humility at all, said things like '"oh, this looks great! oooh, I love that coat! ohhhh, remember how hard it was to get that to hang right and we NAILED it! OH! She looks gorgeous, we were worried about whether we'd find the right model? And.OH! I hope tons of people knit that one, I LOVE it" etc etc. I'm not sure that particular cafe has recovered yet from my oooh-a-thon.
0708GZUCKERfv_  1023I can't wait till this comes out. I'll get to knit some of the projects from it without worrying about leaking info. Plus, I get to dish. Stay tuned. Y'all.

8 comments:

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

There's nothing wrong with oooh-ing your own photos!!! (as they are gorgeous in general, and, I'm sure, in this book probably fantastic!!!)
I'm pretty envious of you having seen the book, but on the other hand, I didn't work on it so I guess it's only fair ;)

Carole Knits said...

I am so jealous that you got a sneak peek!

pacalaga said...

Yeah, you have every right to ooh and aah over the culmination of your hard work!

Robin said...

Can hardly wait 'til it comes out!!

Turtle said...

So fun! i already have mine ordered....now just waiting! your a tease!

margene said...

Congratulations! Another great book to add to my library!

Sheila said...

I can't wait to see The Book. I just know your photos will perfectly match the spirit of the Mason Dixon girls.

Congrats on yet another big job well done!

Anonymous said...

"Joyful experimentation" - you nailed that, too! Looking forward to seeing what they have cooked up, and it's good to know we'll be seeing it through your viewfinder.