Wednesday, July 30, 2008

think red wednesday v2

If there's two, it must be a series.
0708GZUCKERreds_090
Wednesdays are for the Red Scarf Project. A quick reminder to cast on a scarf , hit the donate button for the scholarship fund, or throw a few coins into a jar to donate later. More preachiness here.

This week's red is my water bottle. I love my water bottle. When I was traveling around the country working on Shear Spirit, I was scolded by strangers repeatedly that I should STOP carrying around beat up refilled plastic water bottles (the kind you buy by the 6 pack) because I would DIE. The first time I thought the info came from a particularly neurotic person, but then, it became an almost daily thing, no matter where I went. I mentioned it to a friend who hustled us off to buy Siggs.

Best twenty bucks I ever spent. I've saved about $ 300. in bottled water not purchased this year, and no more dealing with the empties. More bottle talk here.

Looks like I strayed from red to green. Back to scarf talk next Wednesday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lou said...

I have a water bottle quite like that one, but where is it, maybe I'd better go look for it, then I'll see that I never washed and put my mittens away, is it too late now, oh here's the shirt I meant to iron last week... see you are not alone!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I have a red Sigg bottle, too, but my pattern isn't as pretty as yours.

6:52 AM  
Blogger the Lady said...

Wait, wait wait. How is it that there is no Red Scarf Project group on Ravlery? That would be such a great way to share scarves!

Nice bottle. I've got a stainless steel one, but I've been thinking about a Sigg.

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home