Monday, November 02, 2009

commitments, with issues

Oh, the pressure. November. A month when the darkness comes too early each day. A month to cast your ballots* in the US. A month to commit.
NaKniSweMo 2009 ? Vestvember ? NaBloPoMo ? Yeah, sure, why not.
0809famvar_417
If you ask me, all uncooked tomatoes have issues. The gooky stuff with seeds.
Well, umm, in the past I've had a mixed record with these sorts of efforts. Daily blogging? Sorta kinda made it through the month. Scrolling back from that link, I see I fell apart around the 21st. A sweater in a month ? OK, that I've done a few times but the year long effort ? Pfffffft. Gone with the summer breezes, I'm just putting the final touches on # 7.
A vest in November? When I joined Vestuary, I finished it
in April.
So I'm not making any promises. We'll see how it turns out. Sometimes different is good.
0809famvar_418
* don't forget to go vote tomorrow (Tuesday) if you're in the US. I'm working it again, I got a promotion to tabulator tender. woohoo! Take pity on your poor Election Officials. We're there from 5 am on to welcome you. Not expecting it to be as exciting as last year, I may get some serious knitting in on that November sweater.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger gayle said...

Well, you have one *slight* advantage in NaBloPoMo... You can just flash one of your gorgeous photos! You even make ugly tomatoes look glamorous...

7:22 AM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

You don't have time for those things because you are too busy making money online! I love the tomatoes with issues. But me, I love all tomatoes, troubled pasts, uncertain futures. Yum. I didn't election judge today as they only needed a skeleton crew.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I really try hard to not commit to things like NaBloPoMo. Why add artificial stressors to a packed life? But it is so hard not to join in the fun, sometimes, and be one of the gang.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

"Tomatoes with issues" lol! Am I related to them?

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Marla McLean, Atelierista said...

Did you notice that the skein photo posted below your tomato photo resemble one another? Only you could find a tomato in the shape of a skein!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home