Monday, March 08, 2010

got the itis

0310FamVar_244

0310FamVar_257
Maybe it's the  the light on the tree buds,or the explosion of pussy willows at the farmer's market, but I have got a case of both startitis and finishitis.
0310FamVar_203
Exhibit A: the Airy Cardigan from last May, now just needing one more sleeve sewn in, buttons, and a good disciplinary blocking.
0310FamVar_211
Exhibit B: while forcing myself to get those clownish socks done, I am swept away by dreams of much much nicer socks, thanks to Wendy Johnson and her new book, Socks from the Toe Up.
0310FamVar_217

















Seriously, look a these. Sportweight. Love. The whole book is light and airy and full of great looking designs, I do believe I am going to try a pair of toe up, soon. Extra snaps for the layout, the type is a good sized, no squinting at the page. And I'm not just saying this because we share a publisher and they sent me the book as an example of stellar tech editing. (True, btw).

I'm also crazy to make a shawl, all of a sudden. I've got a fab red skein begging to be a Traveling Woman. Or maybe a Multinomah. Or an Ishbel. or a Citron. or Brandywine. I'm still at that fickle, everything looks good to me pattern picking stage. Can you tell? Feel free to recommend a not-too-tricky, not-too-frilly shawl or wrap.
0310FamVar_230
Looky here! Also started. The much awaited English translation of the final book from the Stieg Larsson trilogy, thanks to a UK pal who sent me a copy pre-US relelase. My body might be here but I'll be in Sweden for the next week or so trying to sort out that mess Lizbet Zalander is in.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Jealous I have to wait till May but my name is first on the hold list at the Library!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Yuliana said...

I'm surprised the book hasn't came out in US. I read the english version here in Bergen about 2 months ago. It's a really good and griping book

5:28 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

You've got a lot going on. Love the pussy willows!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

I'm still on the waiting list for book two at the library. When you finish book 3 you could hold a contest with that as the prize. i'll check out Wendy's book when next at the shop. Swatching away.

7:53 AM  
Blogger weeble wobble said...

I'm having finishitis too! Isn't it great? (AND SELDOM) I like the sock book you showed, somehow I managed to buy a crapload of sock yarn over the winter, and now that it's getting warm, small projects are in order. Hope to see you at SnB soon! I haven't gone in forever but I am coming out of my cave now.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Joansie said...

The promise of spring is in the air in Vermont as the sap is running. Startitis...is there a 12-step program for that one.

Hmmmm....I need to check out the sock book.

11:12 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Love the pussy willow!

I'm very envious about your book. I'll be waiting anxiously for the audio version, but it will be May or later. boohoo

11:20 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Is that a mug from Pigeon Forge!? I grew up drinking milk out of those.

I also am dreaming of prettier socks but have held off the startitis so far. I don't think it will last.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Cathy R said...

Might I say: that fox mug is beautiful!! I love foxes.

I am partial to Multinomah (?sp?) since I saw that you had "faved" it on Ravelry. It looks very comforting to wear.

I tried starting a new "spring colored" pair of socks this past weekend, to no avail. They just don't "feel" right.

Frog Frog Frog...

12:45 PM  
Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

My, My! Look at all those comments! I guess we all have start-itis....or want to!!!
My vote is for "Travelling Woman" shawl in that GORGEOUS red yarn! I really like the curved (not pointed) edge on that design.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Have a wonderful time!

I think starting is fine since you're also finishing things.

xo

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Kym said...

Oooh! Lots of itis! I think I have it too.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Jan said...

Mara is a nice shawl.

4:30 PM  
Blogger breezily said...

or Aestlight (a Shetland Trader pattern)

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Gretchen said...

I just finished the first book at 1:30am this morning. What a great read. I'm looking forward to the other two.

6:01 PM  
Blogger woolanthropy said...

Oh man, I want to read that book. I have to wait until May too. Hopefully the anticipation makes it all the better.

itis...yeah I got it too.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

It must be spring fever. I just cast on for another project yesterday (a bag) and am actively considering casting on for a cowl tonight, despite that I have about 6 other projects already in the works. At least you are finishing some!

7:05 PM  
Blogger gayle said...

My startitis always seems to be accompanied by finishiphobia... Not a good combination.
I haven't seen Wendy's book, yet. I'll have to request it from the library.
Love that foxy mug!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home