Friday, February 12, 2010

a requisite update

icfbd_25GZ
I'd feel remiss if I didn't give an Ice Cream for Breakfast Day report. Some day I'll photograph it beautifully, using some care to light and compose. But, this year (and, um, every year up till now) I prefer to just jump in and celebrate the holiday in the only way it can be.
ICFBD fixings
You may notice that pink jar of heavenly goodness that is Norma's rose petal jelly, a gift as I left her place last week. She kind of mentioned it's "nice" on ice cream. Understatement! New favorite of the crowd. It's like eating the smell of beach roses as you walk toward the waves with an ice cream cone.
0210FamVar_0022 
Vanilla bean ice cream with sliced bananas, walnuts, rose petal jelly & whipped cream.
Need I say more?

9 comments:

Cathy R said...

As a patriotic American, I felt it my duty to participate in the celebrations.

Next year, I'm coming to YOUR house. I just ate straight out of the carton.

Joansie said...

Looks absolutely divine! Yummy!!!...and no calories when eaten at breakfast.

Ellen Bloom said...

Me too. I was too ravenous to set up a beautiful photo shoot. I just grabbed a Tofuti Cutie from the freezer and gulped it down. Yum!

Turtle said...

mmmmm! i didn't make it to the ice cream for breakfast celebration but lvoed that our local places celebrating were donating all proceeds t haiti while celebrating.

Marla McLean, Atelierista said...

Dear God, tell me you did not forget the rainbow sprinkles!!!!!
You might have to re-do this holiday if it's the case!

Mary Lou said...

Well we didn't get over to the kids till after breakfast, so I missed out. I vote for coming to your house next year, too. Maybe Norma can sell jars of rose petal jelly on etsy.

Norma said...

A perfectly balanced breakfast! Dairy, fruit, protein. Awesome!

craftivore said...

I thought Turkey was the only place they made rose jelly, I usually bring back a jar when I go. Would kill for a homemade batch. Your pictures make breakfast ice cream look a pretty darn good choice.

Natalie said...

dang it! How did I miss ice cream for breakfast day?! I gave up sugar after my birthday in January. Man, life is a little bit flat without sugar but so is my stomach. Lost three inches around the middle. I have reclaimed my waist, so I guess there are benefits. Wah. Now I want ice cream.