Friday, February 19, 2010

in lieu of looking at those socks

I met my friend & colleague Joanne* to talk shop earlier this week.
She brought me eight perfect little eggs from her chickens. Here's what I've had for lunch every day since, inspired by a sandwich at the Iris Cafe in Brooklyn last month. You know how you accidentally get a really good sandwich and then try to find it again?
eggs1
It's better on really crusty french bread or multi grain toast but all I could scrum up today was a bagel.
Go, look at her work.  (link to her yarn photos).  Her superpower is achieving harmony in composition.No idea how, but she always nails it.
 

6 comments:

Turtle said...

mmmm fresh eggs!

Mary Lou said...

Her work is really beautiful. I had to click on 'afterlife' wondering what it could be. Very cool. Also, I had a dream last night that I went to see you new animated film. A new career path?

Ellen Bloom said...

Yummm....bagels, eggs, lettuce...a perfect combination of textures, tastes and colors!

With a name like Schmaltz, Joanne had better be a good photographer!!! I do love her still life pix!

Cathy R said...

Oooh, that sandwich looks yummy.

Natalie said...

Love fresh eggs.
That looks delicious.
For myself, I wold add a little bacon and tomato.

Birdsong said...

What an inspiration! Both the quality of your photos and the yumminess of your lunch... I have fresh eggs, and even enough to keep a box of hard-boiled ones on hand most of the time, so that is going on this week's menu. Thanks!