Tuesday, September 30, 2008

no cigar

I am this close to finishing my Montana Tunic. 1008FamVar_  015 Here's a sort of bunched up view of the shawl colllar. Which means I am this close to failing my deadline, no let's call it my dream, to wear my Montana Tunic when I meet Joan Tapper in New Mexico for our Shear Spirit booksinging & blabbing road trip .

And that would be because I'm in the airport right now waiting to board the planes and the knitting is sitting in a bag next to me. It needs a long side of ribbing- just 2" across 270 stitches, to call it done.

Possible? maybe. Likely? I'm not known for my plane knitting productivity but I'll give it a try. Find out later today when we'll be at Village Wools in Albuquerque at 5 pm or maybe tomorrow at Tapetes de Lana in Las Vegas (New Mexico-- not the one with the fancy lights , gambling etc- yep the one with the funky antiques and weaving center))

Full schedule for crossing paths on this rare Shear Spirit 2 headed tour at the link in the first paragraph. (Taos Wool fest all weekend-woohoo)..

BTW? if you like the looks of this yarn, it is the very wonderful 100% organic sportweight from 13 Miles Lamb & Wool Ranch in Belgrade Montana, dyed indigo. It's really a wonderful shade of blue and guess what? You can win a 350 yard skein of it over at Norma's Red Scarf Fund contest- so click over there and donate. $5 a chance- what're you waiitng for. Go!

8 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I know you can do it! Good luck!

Stephanie B said...

I LOVE that blue!! I hope you make it, can't wait to see the finished picturse!

Vicki Knitorious said...

With your little typo there about what you're actually doing on this tour, I only wonder the genre. The Mason-Dixon girls seem to have Country & Western covered.
Have fun! ; )

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work! I'm about 1/3 the way up the shoulders of the front...sigh!

Marsha said...

Soooo close, and I love the color!!

Anonymous said...

ooh, ooh, ooh, I LOVE it!! Cannot wait to see it finished.

Mary Lou said...

New Mexico sounds fab -- one of these years I will make it to Taos Festival.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing if you made it. But whenever you finish it, it is looking wonderful!