Sunday, September 28, 2008

in order to show you a FO...

I'm resorting to borrowing my sister's clothes.
. 0908GZUCKERgov_  263
In this case, her version of the Simple Yet Effective shawl that sis - you know, the one who said she was "over" knitting upon completion of our epic mitered afghan- finished last week. Don't you love her use of color?0908GZUCKERgov_  271Of course it's more subtle in person- maybe you'll see her in it at Rhinebeck. Heh, so much for being over knitting, right? At present she's working on a Meseta Alta ShawlmesAlta whilst scheming her festival purchases.

My fullest knitterly intentions for the past weekend did not play out. I'm not a very competitive person but emails from
Marsha re: her rapidly progressing Montana Tunic sparked my inner- I dunno- Olympian? I NEEDED to have mine done before she completed hers. Umm not quite, last I heard hers was done & blocking. I, on the other hand, sewed in the shawl collar and finished one long side of ribbing, at a snail's pace.

I cant complain, not only is hers gorgeous in gray
but she gave me a blog award. (Thanks!, I am so honored- and absolutely stricken at the thought having to choose 7 others- so instead I say, if you reading this know of a great blog, pass the award on.)

And to all observing tonight, l'shana tova- a sweet new year!

7 comments:

Cathy R said...

Your sister's shawl is stunning. Wonderful use of color!!!

Hmmmm.... inspiration is striking, even though I am saving my yarn pennies for Taos.

Decisions, Decisions

kathy in juneau said...

Love your sister's shawl! And l'shana tova back atcha ...

Mary Lou said...

My sisters always stole my clothes... a sweet new year to you and yours.

Marsha said...

I just realized I forgot to go upstairs last night and check on the blocking. :o0 I'll try and have photos soon.

Baby Beth said...

Shana tova, Gale!

The shawl looks great and I love all the different colors. I want to make one....

Meg McG said...

I went and saw your art show in Westville. It was great. The black sheep and the rooster tricked my eye. From a distance I thought the back sheep was a shadow! In the bin was a nice closeup of a sheep that would be great in my yarn room but my dollars have all been previously allocated :)

Norma said...

I love your sister's use of color AND texture! A gorgeous piece!