Sunday, September 28, 2008

in order to show you a FO...

I'm resorting to borrowing my sister's clothes.
. 0908GZUCKERgov_  263
In this case, her version of the Simple Yet Effective shawl that sis - you know, the one who said she was "over" knitting upon completion of our epic mitered afghan- finished last week. Don't you love her use of color?0908GZUCKERgov_  271Of course it's more subtle in person- maybe you'll see her in it at Rhinebeck. Heh, so much for being over knitting, right? At present she's working on a Meseta Alta ShawlmesAlta whilst scheming her festival purchases.

My fullest knitterly intentions for the past weekend did not play out. I'm not a very competitive person but emails from
Marsha re: her rapidly progressing Montana Tunic sparked my inner- I dunno- Olympian? I NEEDED to have mine done before she completed hers. Umm not quite, last I heard hers was done & blocking. I, on the other hand, sewed in the shawl collar and finished one long side of ribbing, at a snail's pace.

I cant complain, not only is hers gorgeous in gray
but she gave me a blog award. (Thanks!, I am so honored- and absolutely stricken at the thought having to choose 7 others- so instead I say, if you reading this know of a great blog, pass the award on.)

And to all observing tonight, l'shana tova- a sweet new year!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sister's shawl is stunning. Wonderful use of color!!!

Hmmmm.... inspiration is striking, even though I am saving my yarn pennies for Taos.

Decisions, Decisions

Anonymous said...

Love your sister's shawl! And l'shana tova back atcha ...

Mary Lou said...

My sisters always stole my clothes... a sweet new year to you and yours.

Marsha said...

I just realized I forgot to go upstairs last night and check on the blocking. :o0 I'll try and have photos soon.

Baby Beth said...

Shana tova, Gale!

The shawl looks great and I love all the different colors. I want to make one....

Anonymous said...

I went and saw your art show in Westville. It was great. The black sheep and the rooster tricked my eye. From a distance I thought the back sheep was a shadow! In the bin was a nice closeup of a sheep that would be great in my yarn room but my dollars have all been previously allocated :)

Anonymous said...

I love your sister's use of color AND texture! A gorgeous piece!