Sunday, June 29, 2008

all kinds of crazy

Summer's here and everything's just a little...off.
Some of us have taken up favored positions. Till October.0608GZUCKERfamva502 I wonder if passersby think they're lawn ornaments?

Others are sleeping till noon and dropping crumbs, towels, cellphones and ipods in their wake. Lovably annoying. Will spare you the imagery.

Me? I'm experiencing weirdness. I was knitting at the beach a few days ago, on the Lace Ribbon scarf that's at about 45" and growing. Later,I picked it up to knit and had only one needle in the bag. aarrrgh! Retraced steps, looked around the sand, poked by the trash can, the tide had come up. Gone. Replaced grudgingly with a cheapo new pair the following day. Because of course, I have plenty 2's and 4's but no other #3.

Yesterday, 5 days later, walking with a friend almost a mile in the complete opposite direction from the beach, I caught something shiny in the grass.
0608GZUCKERfamva619
My #3 bright blue vintage Susie Bates, REUNITED! I guess they want to get out for a walk more? Or less?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Knitting karma!! That is too cool!

Cookie said...

Do you have to mow around them? Or can you get them up by offer snacks?

I'm so glad you found it.

Kay said...

That is just too flippin' scary.

xo Kay

textilejunkie said...

And all is as it should be! Wow what are the odds though, really?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that's bizarre. How the heck did that happen? Maybe it actually did disappear on the beach, then was later found by an animal or shiny-things-loving-bird which carried it off to where you found it. Yeah, that's it. How cool that you found it again.

Carole Knits said...

I could be mistaken for a lawn ornament, too. Nuttin' wrong with that. How amazing that you found that knitting needle!

Debbie D said...

That is amazing you found the other needle.

Anonymous said...

That is the most lifelike garden gnome I've ever seen, wherever did you find him? (sorry, couldn't resist).

Weird about the needle, but what luck. I go with the bird/animal theory too. Or a kid picked it up until his non-knitting Mom told him not to run with the pointy thing in his hand.

Marsha said...

I can't believe you found it again! How cool.

Anonymous said...

A message from the universe, I think. And it is either "never give up hope" or "man, this needle belongs next to that orangey yarn".