Monday, June 23, 2008

local color sneaks up

If you ask me, I'd say I'm not drawn to blue. Unless it's water I can swim in, I mean. So what's up with what I've been knitting this year?
Blues

A trend, right here under my nose, and I hadn't noticed, until I was sitting near part of my garden and realized what I'd planted, which got me thinking.
bluecomp

My wandering into the blues may have passed already, soon as I finish that upper left indigo Montana Tunic (Ravelry link ). I'm all about the reds & oranges now, like the Lace Ribbon (scroll down to end of post) spooling off my needles this month.

And this inspiration last weekend:
GZucker061408_141
A sweater in my future: some kind of barn red raglan with toothpaste minty green colorwork around the yoke. Or maybe mittens, or a hat....yep, you're witnessing the downsizing of knitterly ambition right before your eyes.
Someday soon when I'm procrastinating on a deadline I'll jump into the Bermuda Triangle of Ravelry patterns and just a few hours later I'll have the right project queued.

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

The lace ribbon looks like the barn - and I love me some blue flowers. I plant what ever I can find if it's really blue. Sadly, they are often more purple than blue, no matter what the label says.

Anonymous said...

I've had to make a conscious effort to get away from blues and greens and purples. It took me four months, but I finally settled on a glorious red for a new sweater.

I am loving every stitch and can't wait to be able to wear it!