Friday, June 13, 2008

oh! Ohio

0608GZucker_0745
The good thing about taking almost a week to post about being at TNNA is it has already been super covered .

I spent my 36 hours there saying dorky things like" You're Nicky Epstein? I love your books. You're Jillian Moreno? I love your books! You're Bonne Marie? I love your designs! You're Clara Parkes? I love your..... you what? you love my book? pop! tinkling glass sound.

That was the me plotzing, while dropping the sauvignon blanc in my hand.

0608GZucker_0801
Columbus itself was geometric. And hot. When the yarn overload on the trade show floor got to me, I took me a superheated hike to the German Village neighborhood,0608GZucker_0779 charming in a way the rest of downtown, um, is less so. Hot tip- the Book Loft in that neighborhood has a huge selection of knitting books and a splendid shady courtyard garden. It'd be my hangout of choice, with stiff competition from the friendly coffee shop next door if I lived in the 'hood.

Meeting talented designers/writers /bloggers/knit cartoonists/knit world entrepeneurs was too fun. Tagging along with MaryLou and her Yarnery posse was great , and not just because they introduced me to Jeni's ice cream (gravel road is salty caramel ice cream with smoked nuts, and a side scoop of chocolate cocoa gelato. need I say more? I thought not). And I just discovered through that link you can order it online? Brilliant.


May we speak of my knitting? 0608GZucker_0804I am in love with the Lace Ribbon pattern. In my altered flying state I messed it up badly enough to rip out a 30 row start and begin anew. But now? Blissfully proceeding , full lace mojo on high.
0608GZucker_0805

5 comments:

cosymakes said...

i can't believe we missed you again!! flo wanted to see if you had any more tattoos :)

Carole Knits said...

I'm glad you had a great time and your book IS wonderful so you deserve every bit of adoration you got.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shots of Columbus. I lived there for years, both as a college student and later as a wife, mother, and, uh, college student (graduate, this time). You are so right about the charm of German Village. The front yards are about 3 square yards, but they are 3 sq yds of perfection.

I am drooling weekly over your book at the bookstore and if no one gets it for me for my birthday, it will be a gift to myself. The question is, can I wait a month?

Finally - your photos finally helped me understand why so many knitters are loving Lace Ribbon. Nice shots! (though somewhat enabling of an even more serious queuing habit)

Mary Lou said...

I will not order ice cream, I will not order ice cream, I will.... I never made it to German Village. Next year in Columbus, the new prayer of knitters?

Tamara said...

Help! I'm surrounded by people knitting lace--either in real or virtual life! The peer pressure is getting to me!