Saturday, January 06, 2018
Make Nine 2018
I've been having a fine time over on Insta looking at Making Plans of the Multitudes. Did you know you can follow a hashtag now, as well as a person? I added #MakeNine2018 to my feed and poof, inspiration-- and aspiration-- out the wazoo.
I wasn't going to put one together myself but it's amazing what a snowed-in day leads to....
1. September House Sweater from Kirsten Kapur (pattern releasing soon) .
2. Amy Louise Shift by Ellen Mason, Odacier .
3. Solbein by Mary Jane Mucklestone, as a pullover. I'm indecisively hovering over All the Lopi to pick colors. Side note: It's in Making No. 4 Lines, which is SO GOOD. I could Make Nine from it alone.
4. Dottie Angel Frock from Simplicity. The company's pattern photos are white bread twee but look around online and you'll see great versions. Again, indecision abounds, this time for fabric choices.
5. Farmhouse Cardi by Savory Knitting, Amy Christopher. Ok, so I started this near the end of 2017 but it had to be put aside, so it's 95% a 2018 knit. In Jill Draper Makes Stuff Empire. With vintage buttons. Why am I sitting here blogging when I could be working on it???? ;-)
6. Jane Jacobs Shawl by Kirsten Kapur from I Knit New York, released yesterday! I cast on late last night, could not resist, in this Backyard Fiberworks . You can see the sample at VKLive in NYC, at the Backyard Fiberworks booth--and get signed print copies of the book. I am quite biased, as the photographer but it is a gorgeous collection. I could easily Make Nine from this one too.
7. Brioche. I really enjoy going round and round in 2 color brioche. I have a lot of beautiful yarn. I think you know where this is going......there will be more brioche.
8. Metamorphic Dress by Sew Liberated. I am crazy about this dress. I've yet to see a version that I don't love. If I can get the proportions right, it will be a major part of my wardrobe. (It's reversible so that's doubly true).
9. I can't show it yet but Berroco Portfolio 5 (link is to Portfolio 4, which is no slouch ) is coming out in a couple of weeks. I'll add the link when it's clickable. Again I am biased since I shot it, and it's one of my favorite series of photos ever so....obvs I need to knit from it.
Anyone else do one of these? leave your link in the comments!