Wednesday, October 13, 2010

strike a pose: Rhinebeck style

ADDED 10/15/12  : Rhinebeck Style photo shoot project returns this year,  2012 to the Ny Sheep & Wool Festival.
 Stop by and strike a pose. DETAILS HERE

 added 10/10/11 **PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS FROM LAST YEAR, 2010 !! 
I'm not doing the photo thing this year, 2011,  but maybe next?  I WILL be at Rhinebeck, but this year I'll be a civilian, and  booksigning for my new book Craft Activism, 2:30-4 on Saturday and 11-12:30 on Sunday, in the authors barn. Stop by & say hi! (I'm a bingo square too).

as for the photos--I hope, I may, get to edit & post them before they are officially one year old. Its a crazy life!
 __________________
So..here's my little brainstorm. Last year I dragged my white backdrop to the Common Cod Fiber Guild's indie knitwear design fashion show in Boston, and see what happened. (it's 2 1/2 minutes long, sorry it's a bit of a slow loader- and there's music , so hit your mute key if you're at work or near sleeping babes)

The wonderful organizers of the New York Sheep & Wool Festival folks are giving me a space to set up my backdrop at Rhinebeck this weekend and you (and you and you and you.....and your alpaca too) are invited to pose for me. Show me what.you.got!
For years I've been thinking it's a shame not to document all the fine fibery fashion seen at that fair and I decided this is the year to do it. Where else can we wear so many layers of handknit & feel like part of the community?

Weather permitting I'll be there for sure Saturday and  probably Sunday monring too. I'll tweet my location so follow my twitter feed  & you'll know where I am--or else look for a white backdrop.

Fun, yes? See you in your wooolly best. I can't begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to this.  My talented friend & trusted co-conspirator Maryse is helping me out for a while, if anyone else who knows how to wield a reflector wants to hang out and volunteer for an hour, I would be super grateful, just shoot me an email.

21 comments:

Carole Knits said...

What a FUN idea!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

So fun!!! I'm gonna post to Ravelry about it! Oh and I'm reading Shear Spirit now, got it last week...Really enjoying it. Been reading your blog for a couple of weeks, especially when I found out we share the same state....

Laura Nelkin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Too Fun! Can't wait to meet you there!

Ellen Bloom said...

What a FANTASTIC idea, Sweetie! I can't wait to see the results!!

-Boo Hoo On the West Coast

Vicki Knitorious said...

Oooh, that sounds like fun! I wish I could come and play with you!!

Kirsten said...

Sounds fun! You make me wish I'd actually made a Rhinebeck sweater for myself! Looking forward to seeing you!

Mandy said...

Hells. Yes. I WILL BE THERE.

Laura said...

What a great idea--I hope to get a peak at Rhinebeck from Minnesota.

Also--how cool is that saddle shoulder sweater with the Noro sleeves?!?

Unknown said...

I am in serious lust for the sweater with the stripey sleeves & side inset!!!

Mary Lou said...

Oh I wish! One of these years I'm going to make a family visit steal my sister's car and drive to Rhinebeck.

Cathy R said...

Oh, Gale, that is FANTASTIC!! What a great way to display knitwear. I can't wait to see the results from Rheinbeck.

Wish I could figure out a way to get up there!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
evergreenknits said...

Oh YAY! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!!!!
Have a great time.
By the way:
What is that toe tapping music?

daniel said...

This is great - I'll look for you!

gayle said...

Wow! What a wonderful idea! And such fun!
Wish I could be there...

Marla McLean, Atelierista said...

Damn, everyone's beautiful at these events!
The music scared me at first LOL! Then it made me happy. What a night on SSSS Blog!

Kathleen said...

That. Was. Great!

rebecca said...

love the sideways stitched oversized pullover. Can you give pattern names or details??

ChristineMM said...

I saw you shooting but didn't know what was going on. Now I found your blog and get it. Can't wait to read more of your blog now that I know you exist.

(linked through from a pattern search I found on Ravelry.)

vanessa said...

this looks like a lot of fun and a terrific idea! just curious, will the photos be available to purchase then or after the shoot, or will they just be online for viewing and sharing? thanks!