Tuesday, October 19, 2010

post rhinebeck photo shoot shout

507_GZucker1010FamVar
My Rhinebeck shopping: one skein of yarn (up 100% from last year!) and 2 indie published books, by Ann Weaver of Weaver Knits and Mandy Powers of ZigZag Stitch.
Wait- does Artichoke French count as shopping?
actionbyClaireA

















Thanks to ClaireArsenault for getting this action shot.
 Back at you when I come up for air with more about the Rhinebeck Style photo shoot but let's  just say this:
1817 images downloaded
123+ fabulous models in handknits (or crochets or felts) posed
1 million thanks to everyone who joined in. So cool to meet you! There's no word for the loooove!
2062_GZucker1010Rhinebeck
Me and Ann Weaver herself at the very end of the weekend. Now I see it says "Rhineck" Style.  photo by Chris
Another fun statistic:
2 times I was mistaken for Amy Singer of Knitty and embraced in a hug.
And I don't even own a ukelele.

17 comments:

craftivore said...

I'm so glad I found out where you were shooting, thanks flickr! It was great to see you and I think documenting all the wonderful hand knits at Rhinebeck is brilliant. I bought one of Ann's books too.

craftivore said...

I meant thanks to twitter. But hey, flickr, twitter, blogging, you are out there and it's a good thing too.

craftivore said...

Coooool! What a great shot, there is a world of color there.

Cathy R said...

I can't wait to see the results of your photo shoot!!

Oh and your new yarn? Yummy yummy and I really think that the colors are you. Can't wait to see what you make out of it.

maryse said...

fantastic! wish i'd gotten to see ann. man, what a busy weekend.

Jenn said...

It was lovely meeting you! I love this action shot! It looks like you managed to get some fun stuff between shots!

Christine said...

Should have had Misa stand up against that fence. That would have been a heck of an effect.

Ellen Bloom said...

Great picture of you and Ann together! Looking forward to more Rhinebeck pix!
By the way, you don't look ANYTHING like Amy Singer!

Ibunnysavetroy said...

maybe if people (aka people like me) have never met amy singer, then they might think you were her. You don't look NOT alike.
I can't wait for the photos! it was so nice to meet you!

gayle said...

Wish I could have been there! I've always admired the fabulous knitting I've spied at festivals. Such a perfect idea to document it!
Can't wait to see the pics!

Anonymous said...

It was so great to meet you! Such a brilliant idea to document the parade of fabulous hand knits at Rhinebeck, genius!
I loved meeting Ann Weaver too, and we bought a couple of copies of her book too. Looking forward to seeing the photos :)

Anonymous said...

It was so great to meet you!

Mary Lou said...

I don't really see that you look like Amy Singer at all. Great pic of you, looking forward to seeing the rest of the shots.

JessaLu said...

I'm very, very sad that I forgot to visit you with my new husband (! still getting used to saying that!) on Saturday. Pardon me while I go over here and pout. :o(

Marla McLean, Atelierista said...

You and your fiber friend and world are just too cool. Glad to be able to visit through your blog.

Marla McLean, Atelierista said...

You and your fiber friend and world are just too cool. Glad to be able to visit through your blog.

weaverknits said...

You are just way too cool. Seriously. It's always so much fun to hang out with you!