Friday, January 10, 2020

3 things: I'm working on Today

1)The Little Sock Arms Sweater *for my favorite almost-eight-just -twelve days-can you-believe it-really-do -you-know--ONLY-TWELVE-MORE-DAYS-TILL-I'm....8 year old.    This is such a clever and fun knit. 
Zoe spied this pattern on  Ravelry in  July.  Her Rainbow Sweater was outgrown after two years, and I offered to knit a new fave.  I warned her it might take a while for me to find the right yarn.  At the time I hadn't realized that self-striping fingering weight yarn is alive and well and found at any event or festival with lots of indie dyer vendors. 
It was my good luck to be teaching at Knitting At the Estate in rural Illinois in September-and there was Julia Vesper from Knitterly Things-- with this exact sweater on display at her vendor booth next to all her gorgeous striping yarns.  And the  designer, Stephanie Lotven of  Tellybeans was there too, and  taking my class, and I was enjoying her company, so boom, I came home ready to knit it up.Talk about kismet.


2) More color!  I was compelled to cast on for this scarf knit in the round the day I peeped the latest Mason Dixon Knitting Field Guide 13, full of Kaffe Fasset wild abandon. I have a bunch of Starcoft Fiber partial skeins that I've been hoarding saving for I-don't-know-what. So this is it!  -- and it is just pure joy. Also-- two handed colorwork just makes me feel so...balanced. No plan on the colors--I have lots of greens and some yellows too.  It's fingering weight so this may take a while but I do not care. Process,  it's all about process on this on. 



3) Business Untangled -- January 15 in NYC at HereNowSpace.  STILL A FEW SEATS LEFT! I am  honored to be part of this professional development day for Indie Makers of the fiber world. It's going to be fun, it's going to be helpful, it's going to be focused. I am teaching an Iphoneography class with a lot of in-phone photo editing.  I can't wait.   If you are at all tempted, I urge you to join us. I am also excited to learn about newsletters and hear the roundtable discussion. Plus lunch and snacks so... see you there?

_____________________________

* If you're thinking that this pattern would be fun to knit for an adult but, ummm, maybe not in fingering weight yarn because all those stitches...good news she also published Worsted Sock Arms  it for a full range of adult sizes in worsted weight yarn. I am tempted, are you?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE the Sock Arms. I made the Little Worsted version for my nephew and it was a huge hit, and my daughter's been asking for one in her size (though she can't decide on colors, so at least I have some time before she expects it).

AsKatKnits said...

I too love those sock arms! I can't wait to see Zoe modeling it!

cal patch said...

sock arms!!! so cute!!! and what, you blogged again ALREADY?!?