Sunday, July 21, 2013

double take

Great minds think dress alike? Is that true?? Here's how Norah Gaughan and I showed up to our photo shoot together last Monday. Right down to our shoes.
If we look wilted, it's because this was taken at the end of our day of shooting in steamy 95 degree weather.
We found it pretty hilarious. Would you title this Photographer and Creative Director/Designer On a Photo Shoot, or Ladies Out Visiting a Winery? Could go either way, right? Want a peek behind the scenes?
I was beyond thrilled to be working with Norah and the Berroco crew.
Our model Alice getting her hair & makeup done. I can't show you any of the fab sweaters & accessories she posed in, yet, but Alice was amazing. She wore wool outdoors in the heat and never complained. Or sweated. Just smiled and looked beautiful.
Same with my wonderful assistant Ariana. Smiles & beauty. Some of you met her at Rhinebeck last year. 

Standing in for the model to check light levels  in a very hot, very bright row of grapes.
And still more  smiles & beauty from Norah's talented assistant designer, Emily. She's been doing a series called Emily Explains on their blog. Worth checking out, if you don't follow already.
The hair & makeup area. I always want to paw through the products to see what's what. Not that I'm so into the beauty products but in this setting, they seem more like art supplies. And who can resist art supplies?
My other assistant, Michelle,  at work behind the makeup array, churning through the pixels as we finished each piece.  Not an easy job, trying to edit while everyone's bustling around, and then I periodically call her to help hold a second reflector. Check out her concentration.
Before we jumped in our cars I made everyone pose for a group photo. I'm glad they're smiling, but not surprised, it was that kind of a crew. Michelle was still glued to the laptop inside, going through the last take.  Can't wait to share the "real" photos and knits.... 

I hate to have to be so secretive--it's not being coy, it's business. However-I'm writing this form Nashville, where I just finished teaching at SSK and I will show you EVERYTHING from that, as soon as I get a chance to download and put it together. It was, in a word--2 words- super fun.






10 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Too funny! Lovers of linen in summer.

craftivore said...

The photo of you and Norah is priceless. You both look practical, comfortable, and cute!

Ellen Mason said...

Love the twinsy ensembles!

Anonymous said...

Pretty cute shoes. What are those babies?
fab126bv@aol.com

BeckyinVT said...

Awesome, I love behind the scenes peaks (as always!)

Lee said...

Love the twin look! I only wear linen in the summer. And the shoes!!

Lee said...

OK. I have looked on Zappos, Nordstrom, LL Bean and Land's End. Where the heck can I find those shoes? :)

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Since you asked...we are both wearing Wolky Jewel sandals. They are pricey but super comfortable , and well made (mine are 3 years old and going strong).

Lee said...

Thanks for the info. I just ordered a pair. So many colors to choose from. I wanted four or five. :)

Hyman said...

Awesome!