Friday, May 06, 2011

classing up mothers day

GZucker_md2LI2510
Forgive me for another self-promotional post here, but I really do think getting a class in something you are interested in, say, photography and knitting? would be a most excellent gift for Mothers Day. So would giving it. Obviously. Maybe with skein of some nice yarn..or a new camera?  Photography for Knitters classes.That's what I'm talking about.
GZucker_md2LI2834 
Here's a full list of all the classes and workshops coming up. The soonest is next Sunday May 15th in New Haven , the rest are scattered over the following months. To say I'm excited about them is waaaay understatement. I've yet to teach a class that wasn't full of great people, it is always fun, as everyone gets excited about seeing their skills grow and their photos improve.
But I need to blab about one workshop in particular, because it's unique: Saturday July 9th, I'll be teaching 12:30-6:30 workshop at a private home in beautiful Southampton NY,  in eastern LI (about 2 hours from NYC by car or train). I've used this house and grounds as a photo location for shooting, and I can tell you it is, literally,  picture perfect. Comfy & relaxing.  But you know what will make this day truly a unique class? If I say log cabin, does that give you a hint? We'll have a special student,  Kay Gardiner of Mason Dixon Knitting  in the class. (Let the record show she suggested the phrase Special Student. I think it sounds, well, I just always hear the Church Lady ).  I am pretty sure this means we will have a chance to wallow in log cabin afghans and blankets and god-knows-what-else, all waiting to be photographed. Class is limited to 12, so if this appeals, start dropping some hints big time, right now, so you can get a seat in the class as  your Mothers Day gift. Why not? 11th hour rules! Link with all the details, here
GZucker_md2LI2593
Or you can just sign up right from this handy button:




.
BTW? The little cuties in this post were all photographed  on location at the house in Southampton, modeling Blu , for Mason Dixon Knitting:Outside the Lines. I wonder if anyone has knit them in an adult size?That'd be fun to shoot.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So, what're you up to for Mother's Day? Myself ,I'm planning  to split the day between domination over nature in the backyard, and brunch with  champagne drinks at the neighborhood cafe. Maybe a little knitting, once the weeds have been beaten back and the raised beds built. Or....... the champagne kicks in.
406_GaleZucker0411FV 
My guys a couple of weekends ago. 

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Was just about to whine about not being able to take your class, again, and then I see St. Paul! in the class list!!

Color me thrilled.

(But Blu in adult size? color me scared!)

11:37 PM  
Blogger gayle said...

As usual, your pictures make me smile...

7:50 AM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

You would not want to photograph my butt in adult sized Blu, I assure you.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Holy Crap, Gale!

When they become grown-ups?! o.O

Happy Mother's Day, sweetie.

xo

4:09 PM  
Blogger craftivore said...

Sometime in my future is one of your classes, not at the moment, but it is on my must do list. Your photos are always an inspiration.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home