Friday, March 25, 2011

hue & me

563_GaleZucker0311FamVar 
It's getting bigger. Still not tired of it.
579_GaleZucker0311FamVar 
but it's starting to take a while to get fully around the square.
567_GaleZucker0311FamVar 
There's no real plan. I alternate contrast or cool/warm tones. Sometimes there are little runs of colors I particularly like. My other project right now is a  Cadence in Cascade Eco wool, in the satisfyingly sturdy & very plain natural brown/grey you can see on the the left next to the yellow (single crochet row). I cheated a little out of that sweater for this . Excellent alternatives to work on.
.569_GaleZucker0311FamVar 
I've run out of some of my leftovers in really odd colors. I'm hoping the outer edges won't be too boring, I have a lot of yellow, goldish yellow, brown & light dull blue.
Bobo and the Bigass Granny Square

13 comments:

kt said...

OK, the title of the last photo is just SCREAMING to be a kid's book.....

Carole Knits said...

That is so fantastic! I'm trying to teach myself crochet and it's frustrating but I think I'm starting to get it.

Mandy said...

LOVE!!!

Ellen Bloom said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love that you're crocheting a "different" sort of granny square. the chain-3 loops every other row give the afghan a very airy, breezy look! CONGRATULATIONS!

Mary Lou said...

OK, I'm not going to make one, but if you want some odd color leftovers I'm sure I can help. Worsted? I have a bunch of single skeins of Cascade220 in some funky shades...

I do like the non-staggered look you have going.

gayle said...

Yeah, Bobo and the Big-Ass Granny Square sounds like something to read to my grandkids at bedtime...
You'll end up getting some more yarn for the yarn-eating outer rows. Which will give you some leftovers for the next leftovers-using-up project.

cauchy09 said...

i'm loving your big ass granny! such great colors all together. hooray!

margene said...

A bigass granny brings back memories!! Love it!

Cathy R said...

That is a fabulous blanket. And I now have a severe wish to give Bobo a kiss and a hug.

Natalie said...

Love the way your granny is progressing and love that sweet Bobo face.

craftivore said...

That is looking amazing! I have Big Ass Granny Square envy.

twinsetellen said...

It's looking great! Though I do have to remind myself that "Big Ass" refers to the size of the square, not to the Granny.

Marla McLean, Atelierista said...

OMG it's awesome! Teach me to crochet, you are luring me to the fiber side!!!!