Friday, June 11, 2010

i get by with a little help

This won't be the  title for the crafting/knitting book Joan & I are working on like crazy. 
GzuckerCraftKapur_117
photo by Edwina Stevenson, my friend who's only fault is she doesn't knit. I know, wtf?
But it really should be. For example, not only did Kirsten design another one of her fabulous pieces for us, but she & her daughter came out on a steamy late NY afternoon to model wool. They are as smart, sweet and talented as they seem to be online . (and don't deserve the typo I made on the sign but I am out of time to fix it, sorry)
(Also, Sofia makes an excellent blocker for women who prefer not to show their hips on the High Line.)
GzuckerCraftKapur_564 
and those Kapurs know how to find a good french fry.  
Oh, OK, I can share that: we were here.

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Cookie said...

Yay!

I saw that lovely child and wonder what blog I was reading for a moment. Can't wait to see what you all are working on!

xo

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Kirsten said...

<3!!!! You have made my day Gale Zucker!! This is adorable.

9:40 AM  
Blogger margene said...

The book is going to be great! Rosemary french fries? I'm so envious.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Oooh can't wait even more now!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

Aw, sweet, she said, as she wiped dribbles of salty caramel ice cream off her keyboard...

1:42 PM  
Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Ugh! Wool in steamy and humid NY? Yes, you are all troopers!
Time for fries!

2:51 PM  
Blogger the Lady said...

Wow, I didn't know those girls could smile. Must have been the GZ charm.

2:08 AM  
Blogger gayle said...

Wow, way to tantalize! Mystery knits and french fries - where to drool first...

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Ratiganknits@ravelry said...

What fun! Can't wait.
One of your faithful followers.

RatiganKnits

11:56 AM  
Blogger craftivore said...

So tantalizing, the Kapur design AND the fries! That's right, we can't have either one just yet. ;-)

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Kym said...

the suspense builds! :-)

12:16 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I'm very interested in what is behind the curtain, so to speak, but must admit, the fries really caught my interest. Must go find something yummy or I won't be able to sleep...

10:07 PM  
Blogger woolanthropy said...

Gimme those fries!

I can wait for the pattern...

but the fries

no way.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Cathy R said...

I can't wait for the book. I'm sure it will be as fantastic as the last one..

The fries, however, look amazing. I seriously need a french fry fix.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Marla McLean, Atelierista said...

Come on, you let us peek at your french fries...

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home