Tuesday, January 22, 2008

weekend warriors

0108FamVar_  096
Sunday morning practice for the Knitting Olympics Synchronized Garter trials.

In case you're coming in on this mighty miter undertaking late, or have lost recall of our ridiculously drawn out project, my sister and I are in the final throes of our collaborative throw.
0108FamVar_  087
We finished sewing the squares into larger squares, then into strips of larger squares. We were just about to join two halves Sunday morning when Lulu figured we could knit edges simultaneously before joining them, and having to shuttle the whole project back & forth for the long sides, when only one person can knit on them at a time. Clever, eh?
We're cautiously optimistic that this will be a Valentines Day gift. Meanwhile, we're still considering tube dress potential.
0108FamVar_  100

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've been eagerly awaiting the return of the great miter project. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Debbie D said...

Wow Weeeee. Looking good. Hum, this is the 2nd time I've been tempted to try mitering.

jennsquared said...

I just went back via your links to see the beginning of the project. Love the way you wrote the first ever post about the project. I can't wait to see the final result!

Carole Knits said...

You're almost there! I can't wait to see it finished.

Anonymous said...

The throw is beautiful! But what I really want are those slippers.

Anonymous said...

[wipes semi-tear of emotion]

WOOOOHOOOOOO! Check that thing OUT. It's really fahwbulous!!!!!

Go sisters go!

Leslie said...

That's an awesome throw! I love the cheerful colors.

Kay said...

It makes a pretty foxy dress but I'd consider a change of shoes.

WOWeeeeeeeeeEEEEEE!

Marsha said...

We're waiting to see the final results!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gale-
I've bestowed the coveted "You Make My Day" award to you. Don't feel obligated to play unless you want to.

Anna said...

Omg, it looks amazing!