The last couple of weeks have been full of travel and activity, and the yarn came along for the rides. First it went with me on my annual camping trip with Zoe. We started camping together when she was 8 and we found a small tent in the basement during the pandemic. No one else in the family was game for camping that year so just the two of us headed to the woods in Vermont. And we kept returning there. Now it's an annual tradition. This year, though, we went to Lake Damariscotta in Maine.
We upgraded the tent quite a bit this year.
And I cast on by the campfire. No notes!
A bougie lobster roll at a shack near Boothbay. No notes on this either! It's Shannon Unshelled , we've been there before and if you're in that area you won't regret eating there.
Some years we do mostly nature activities and lots of campfire cooking. Some years we head out and adventure around the area, eat out, explore towns and either way, we love it. This year we went to Popham Beach, another Maine fave of ours. When the tide is out you can walkwaaaay out to sand bars.
The colors are weird, right? The main color reminds me of a copper penny with green patina. Except fuzzy. I am super happy with my Rug so far.
A day or or two after I came back from Maine I went to Montana for a photo shoot. It needs it's own post--amazing adventures, sheep, yarn, everything and knitting progress too, as the yarn came along. A sweater on size 9 US needles isfun, I forgot how fast it goes!
And since this is Unraveled (a day late) I'll share my reading. I am halfway through Kin by Tayari Jones and recommend it. No notes again! This is quite the 10:10:10 post.
The other book I read...not so enthusiastic about it! On the camping trip drive I listened to the book 96 Miles by JL Esplin,. Zoe had been avoiding it as her assigned summer reading for school: it's YA survivalist vaguely dystopian suspense... meh. Neither of us loved it but it got the job done. Survivalists and dystopian novels for any level reader are not my jam! I guess I'd say it's Ok roadtrip listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment