Monday, April 10, 2023

18 and counting: Not Over Yet!

 

I am still alive and kicking and having fun and making things and traveling...and working A LOT!
 This was from a Berroco photo shoot on a farm. The horizon is never where I want it so I stand on my trusty step ladder.
 

Here's the Honeycomb Scarf I have been knitting off and on most of winter. It's a gem of a process knit. When I started, I figured I'd whip right through it.........I'm about 75% done now and a couple of weeks ago I took a good hard look and realized it doesn't look exactly like the samples in the pattern. Whatever I am doing wrong, I'm consistent so at this point, that's how it is!

 
I've been traveling a lot! Some  trips for fun and some for work. Above was all FUN: we went to the Pacific Northwest and Vancouver. This was at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, which is what it sounds like plus walkways in the tree canopy, just on the edge of the city in North Vancouver. 10/10 recommend.   I am normally not a fan of heights and walkways over sheer drops but it was so astoundingly beautiful I couldn't be bothered to freak out. 

Some of that trip became a Knitters Weekend: Olympic Peninsula on Modern Daily Knitting.

This was a photo shoot for Madeline Tosh yarn, I love the styling on this. If you wonder whether I am constantly ohhing and ahhhing and saying "oh oh I want to knit this" while I am working for this client , the answer is YES. 

I am glad to be back for this rare post, let me know if you saw this! This blog celebrated its 18th birthday in February, the least I can do is say hi.


8 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm afraid of heights, too, but that walkway sounds like something I'd actually do!

Kym said...

ALWAYS love your posts, Gail. I can't imagine being exposed to all that luscious yarn and all those new designs . . . and NOT wanting to have all of it! You really do have the best job. And some Really Fine adventures, too. Happy 18! XO

Cheryl said...

Always love reading about life from your perspective!

Karen S said...

Welcome back! I just emailed that walkway to my hubby. We did a canopy walk in FL and it was just beautiful - but nothing like this!

Vicki Knitorious said...

Rare but always most welcome!! Fun adventures and I'm glad we get a glimpse. 18!! Congratulations!

ccr in MA said...

That scarf looks beautiful, even if not precisely to pattern. The walkway, wow, I don't think I could do it, no matter how lovely the scenery. But I'm glad you enjoyed it!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Happy birthday to the blog! Your pix are gorgeous, as always. And that sweater, so luscious! Now I want to knit that, too.

Carole said...

I'm always happy to see a post from you! Sounds like you're living life to the fullest and that's awesome! Congratulations on the blog turning 18 :-)