Friday, March 11, 2022

three things: random

 1) Baby Fern Lake Blanket

Done! As far as blanket knitting goes, this is a good one.  The Remix yarn is all recycled, mostly cotton with a hand that even an animal-fiber-only type person like me can love. Even though knitting a small blanket is the same amount of stitches-or maybe even less stitches- than knitting a sweater, it has a bigger slog factor.  It's a good knit and blab project though!

2) A Place to Knit and Blab (and Swim Outside in Winter in New England)


 Heated pool in winter in the Berkshires.  Heaven! I spent two days at the Red Lion Inn with a dear old friend (my college room mate ) last week.  I feel like the luckiest person ever that after all these years, she and I are happy  to spend a couple  days hanging out together with this  schedule:  knitting in a suspended-in-time old inn sitting room followed by  swimming laps in wool hats under a bluest of blue skies in 20 degrees F with steam rising from the pool.  Followed by the hot tub.  Blabbing the whole time. I know it's not everyone's idea of good times but it works for both of us and we may have been grinning like fools. 

3) Patterns and Patterns 

In our room at the inn.


6 comments:

Carole said...

I adore the Red Lion Inn. I've stayed there a few times but none was better than going there for our first outing after we got vaccinated last spring. It's such a great place to hang out and there are so many cozy spots for all of it.

Sarah said...

A swim in a warm pool sounds delightful -- but how do you ever get up the courage to get OUT in the cold?

Kym said...

Oh. . . that looks like heaven! I'm so glad you got to spend such a perfect get-away with an old friend. XO (And that baby blanket is definitely going to stay on my radar . . . in case I ever need to make one . . . )

Vicki Knitorious said...

That sounds like a lovely couple of days!!

ccr in MA said...

Oh, that trip would be so good for the soul! It sounds marvelous.

MarmePurl said...

My kinda perfect days off with an old friend. Wonderful.