Thursday, October 19, 2017

3 things: rhinebeck style happy thoughts


1) I never get tired of watching this stop action video compilation I made from the years 2010 and 2012, when I set up a photo backdrop and made photos of what people were wearing to the NY Sheep & Wool Festival (aka Rhinebeck) in Rhinebeck NY.  Turn up the sound and wallow with me! Also feel free to post it elsewhere, I love sharing this.

2) Like so many photography projects I do, the end result isn't exactly what or why I started it. I thought it'd be about what everyone was wearing in all their woolly knitting fiber freak flag glory. (It is...but...) It's really about community and happy.
 
 3)This weekend the annual festival happens again. The weather's not very sweater-friendly, although I bet the morning will be chilly enough. And maybe the barns..... but I don't care...do you? Throw on a shawl and work it! I won't be wearing my new brioche cowl, either. It was so so so ginormous, that it now looks like --see above!  I care not a bit, love the process of working with this yarn.

8 comments:

Carole said...

I love that video, too! Have a blast at Rhinebeck!

Juliann in WA said...

What a fun video!

ccr in MA said...

I'm getting so excited, too! Making lists, making piles, deciding which shawl to wear, over what layers. So many decisions, for such a quick trip, and I love it all.

Mary Lou said...

Loved watching this again, and happy to see so many people I now think of as knit buddies!

Vicki Knitorious said...

I love this time of year and that video starts popping up in different places! SO FUN! Have a great time.

AsKatKnits said...

Have fun at Rhinebeck! XO

Nicole said...

Have fun! I always enjoy Stitches West, but from what I hear that's a baby knitter-con compared to Rhinebeck. :) Enjoy decideing what to do with the cowl yarn next!

Kym said...

What a HAPPY video! Thanks for the smile this afternoon. :-) Enjoy the weekend! (I've been to Rhinebeck once . . . two years ago. Completely overwhelmed. Maybe I'll be back sometime!) XO