Thursday, September 07, 2017

to do list (3 things on thursday*)

Finishing up this rainbow sweater is top on my to do list. As you can see, there're irrefutable signs of cool weather.  I started it right around July 4th, so a Labor Day almost-finish is a nice symmetry.

It's a special request from sweet  Zoe,  could  I say no? She's so anxious to wear it that she reminds me to work on it every day. She tried it on as often as she could , while it was being knit, top down. It looks done to her, but I keep insisting " The ends! I need to weave in the ends !And buttons!"
So that's #1 on the knitting /crafting/non-work to do list.
# 2 is more fun than end weaving--I only start new projects when I finish one already in progress, lest I tip into crazyland.  I'm leaning towards a nice slouchy Farmhouse Cardi for me. Zoe thinks it should be a hat for me, to match her sweater, with the leftovers.

#3 accept that the season is changing. This is a state of mind to-do item.  We had the last full moon of summer neighborhood ladies skinny dip last night , the annual event that signals the end of summer to me. I'm working on it.

* I'm going to try joining in the 3 things on thursday. I've always enjoyed reading the Think Write Thursdays but the concept of a writing topic assignment was just too much for me . However--3 things? 3 things! I can do that. More info over on Carole Knits.

7 comments:

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

That sweater is PURTY! No wonder she's so eager, I would be too.

Carole said...

That sweater is fantastic! And I'm with you on that end of summer mindset. I'm not there yet!

Kym said...

I am being forced (kicking and screaming) into the accepting-fall thing -- especially because the weather really took a turn this week. (But I will NOT wear shoes and socks yet. Nope.) I love the rainbow sweater for Zoe -- and I can totally understand her eagerness to wear it! Can't wait to see her rockin' it. XO

Bridget said...

Oh man, is that a great sweater! It's so cheery and happy. :-)

I'm in the minority of most people I know - I'm excited that summer is near the end. Cooler weather makes me happy even if other things are not ...

AsKatKnits said...

I love the rainbow sweater! AND oooo! Farmhouse Cardigan is also lovely! But, this weather... oh boy, who knew that summer would end so abruptly. I will be hoping for an early and long Indian Summer!

Vicki Knitorious said...

OMG, Zoe is going to ROCK THAT SWEATER!! Hurry up, Gran! I dug jeans out from the pile o' pants this week but, like Kym, refuse to even look at shoes & socks yet! Well, socks maybe... but definitely not shoes. Have a great weekend Gale!

Mary Lou said...

Is that the yarn we got at TNNA? So perfect! If I would hurry up and write the Nash Island pattern you could do that one! But the Farmhouse Cardigan is perfect. And I might have some yarn for it....