Tuesday, March 08, 2016

felt balls and then i'm on my way

So I'm getting ready for a trip--for fun- not for work. Overseas! On Thursday.
Sunset colorway.
I love planning trip knitting, I was going to post all about projects  I'm considering taking, the pros and cons,  what yarn la-la-la-la-laaa. but guess what? No time to put it all together visually.  So. You get balls. Felt balls! Aren't they wonderful? My beloved neighborhood friends asked me to teach them how to make felt balls. We're like that. We've done all kinds of things to entertain ourselves over the years.  We've already invested in some felting needles to poke dots and stripes in, the next time we get together.
Trying to force myself to make less organic compositions. Not my jam!
The luscious felting wool is Nash Island Starcroft from Maine. Aren't the colors beautiful? Everyone ordered different sets and they are all to die for.

Next time you hear from me  I'll be somewhere else, and I suspect I'll have plenty to show and tell and maybe even some time to do so.

5 comments:

Carole said...

Something I never thought I'd say on your blog: those balls are adorable. hahahahaha. Have a great time on your vacation!

Manise said...

Have a wonderful trip and safe travels! Great felted balls. :-)

Gale Bulkley said...

The felt balls are beautiful. I do hope you'll post the finished projects.

Kym said...

What gorgeous balls! (Couldn't resist.) Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all about it. :-)

ashayne said...

I am along for the ride!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see where you're headed. x0x0x00