Sunday, July 12, 2015

3rd Thimble Isles Knitting Cruise July 21- ahoy!

Sailing by with a quick post, sorry this is of interest only to those within striking distance of Connecticut
there are no bad views from the Volsunga, our vessel
Ok mateys- Get your ticket now for the 2015 Thimble Islands Knitting Cruise, July 21st, Tuesday 6-8 pm leaving from the Stony Creek Dock in Branford CT.    Cruising, knitting and snacking included for $25. by Paypal*.  Handy dandy button at end of this post.  We've got 12 seats left, grab a project and bring a friend.
knitting friend Beth who (sob) left us for the pacific nw, on the 1st cruise in 2012


montage from last year's cruise
I know it's hubris but I'll say it anyway:  It's definitely the most seaworthy daytrip in the knitting world. Plus: fun and relaxing and great company.
Pretty sure we have pioneered knitting, yarn winding and drop spindling on the Volsunga.

Use the button to buy your ticket  via Paypal*, I'll send you a confirming email.
A few deets
• we cruise rain or shine, the Volsunga has an awning covering it, and lights.
• space is limited and we usually sell out.
• BYOB, we'll have fabulous snacks and seltzer/lemonade. I recommend gin and tonic, it goes well with salt air and peeping at the island homes,  but that's just me ;-)
• parking can be tricky in the village of Stony Creek so try to carpool and definitely aim to arrive early so you can walk down to the dock by 5:45
____________________________________________
If you don't use Paypal and want to send me a check or some other payment method, shoot me an email at ezisusATsnet.net

2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

So sad that I'll be traveling...but I'm going to be in gorgeous Norway..so I think it'll make up for it this year..maybe next year...

Ellen Bloom said...

We have a similar cruise out of Alamitos Bay Yarn Co. in Long Beach. So much fun! Have a wonderful cruise!