Sunday, March 17, 2013

green on the brain

If it's possible to be less than 0% Irish, that's me. St Patrick's Day doesn't have any heritage resonance but OHMYGOD it's the right time of year to be seeing green. So sick of dull winter skies and leafless trees.
0994_GaleZuckerWeWA1111 
Any glimpse of green is a joy. 
Smooth segue warning...Two of my favorite knitter friends, the talented designers Mary Lou Egan and Theresa Gaffey , are leading a knitter's trip to Ireland later this year. Plenty of green glimpses guaranteed.  Check out the itinerary. To die for. They are part of the team that brought you the book  Wear With All. This is going to be an amazing experience for the small group touring with them. Don't wait too long to sign up.0867_GaleZuckerWeWA1111This adorable sweater and tunic is one of Mary Lou's patterns from the book. Theresa is responsible for the breathtaking stole that's been flying off of needles at my LYS.

Lately the FB posts from my friends in California and Arkansas just slay me. They're sitting outside having drinks !  And gardening! I, on the other hand, am doing an outdoor photo shoot tomorrow, on a day with a high of 37 degrees--and grateful the snow/freezing rain predicted should hold  off till nightfall. Glad we're shooting sweaters.


4 comments:

Lori ann said...

want to trade places? :)

oh how i wish i could take that trip, knitting! and ireland!! are you going?

Carole said...

I can't even believe the forecast for tomorrow. Spring is going to come, right? Right? I am also completely non-Irish.

Mary Lou said...

Green on the brain, indeed. It is snowing like crazy right now. Last year at this time it was in the 70's.

craftivore said...

That first shot in particular is so freakin adorable, it's killing me. Green is the Pantone color of the year, a bright emerald green, so you can flaunt that knowledge and feel in the know. Never really cared for that color myself.