Thursday, February 19, 2009

haiku for large tam

0209famvar_  348
Oh Mr. Noro!
Insolence of the blue dot
on beauty of browns.
• • • • • • •
gift • • • • • • • • • • •
Another large Bounce for the dread headed nephew, a birthday tam. This one is just right. Last one seen here .
Size 10 needles from all manner of Noro scraps: 3 Silk Gardens , some Kureyons,a little SuZen cutting out yardage when they (inevitably) went too purply pink, using up one scrap, moving on to the next. The brilliance of Noro colors. I tried striping 2 colorways at a time but in this pattern, where you knit into the belly of the stitch below, nu-uh. Mush instead of crisp.

I adore this pattern, so quick and fun to knit, an afternoon and you've got it done.
Sadly, not every head can rock the style. Want proof ?
0209famvar_  354
(Hey Scout and Wendy! I had to do it. Um..maybe I forgot lipstick...)

11 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Hahahaha! Great photos!

LOVE the Haiku. Mr. Noro's color sense just knocks me out too.

Cookie said...

Love!

Natalie said...

I love the color stripage. He can really work it.

Anonymous said...

Ah! I love a haiku!! Nice hat too!

Mary Lou said...

Nah, you totally rock it. But the newphew just a teeny bit more.

Anonymous said...

I love the color combination. So pretty!!

Carole Knits said...

That hat rocks!

Kay said...

Neruda (in heaven) is gnashing his teeth in envy. Man was out of his depth with that sock poem he attempted.

LOL at how nephew looks like Joe Cool and you look like, well, something last seen on Ellis Island circa 1896 (just B & W the photo if you doubt me).

Also adoring the Red Scarf pix. Real people in real places.
xo Kay

gayle said...

Pretty darn fabulous!
Lucky nephew - the colors just sing!

Anonymous said...

crackin' me up!

craftivore said...

Ha ha, I love it! You just need some dreads, that's all. The hat is lovely.