Wednesday, December 31, 2008

ending at square one

1208famvar_543
My one & only 2008 knitting goal was to make something for Dave. Done.
pattern: Turn A Square
yarn: Victory Ranch Alpaca, machine spun, in three natural shades
Doesn't the brown/white plied together remind you of......something?
1208famvar_561
Yup, me too. It was all I could do to restrain myself from knitting a thin red stripe along the bottom edge, or maybe lining the bottom few inches in red , leaving a bit to show when you see it turn out to the ribbing.
I bet you think I procrastinated till the last day of the year to make this. Nope. Close, though with good reason: Dave is a native Minnesotan. He doesn't do the woolly layer thing for just any cool breeze. It's got to be certifiably Friggin' Cold, or snowing briskly , to make him pull on more than a canvas baseball cap. This week , and definitely today, the time for warm and handknit is upon us.
1208famvar_551
And upon the dog, too.
Happy 2009 to all, and may all your goals be well met!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great hat. Happy new year!

Turtle said...

love the hat! a red stripe would have made it a classic! smile!!

Carole Knits said...

The hat is great and I love his beard. We're big on hairy men around here. Or maybe I've just had too much champagne already. Happy New Year, Gale!

Mary Lou said...

You could have him wear some bright red lipstick...

gayle said...

Great hat, even without the Sock Monkey touches!
Happy New Year, from one Gayle/Gale/Gail to another!

craftivore said...

Happy 2009! Love the sock monkey hat, it matches his beard.

Elaine said...

Wow - I love the hat.

Vicki Knitorious said...

That's a great hat!! Happy New Year, Gale.

Anonymous said...

I applaud your restraint in the hat for Dave, but I am seriously amused at the thought of the hat with bit of red.

wonderful pooch pose!