Wednesday, December 31, 2008

ending at square one

1208famvar_543
My one & only 2008 knitting goal was to make something for Dave. Done.
pattern: Turn A Square
yarn: Victory Ranch Alpaca, machine spun, in three natural shades
Doesn't the brown/white plied together remind you of......something?
1208famvar_561
Yup, me too. It was all I could do to restrain myself from knitting a thin red stripe along the bottom edge, or maybe lining the bottom few inches in red , leaving a bit to show when you see it turn out to the ribbing.
I bet you think I procrastinated till the last day of the year to make this. Nope. Close, though with good reason: Dave is a native Minnesotan. He doesn't do the woolly layer thing for just any cool breeze. It's got to be certifiably Friggin' Cold, or snowing briskly , to make him pull on more than a canvas baseball cap. This week , and definitely today, the time for warm and handknit is upon us.
1208famvar_551
And upon the dog, too.
Happy 2009 to all, and may all your goals be well met!

9 Comments:

OpenID emileeknits said...

What a great hat. Happy new year!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

love the hat! a red stripe would have made it a classic! smile!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

The hat is great and I love his beard. We're big on hairy men around here. Or maybe I've just had too much champagne already. Happy New Year, Gale!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

You could have him wear some bright red lipstick...

11:17 AM  
Blogger gayle said...

Great hat, even without the Sock Monkey touches!
Happy New Year, from one Gayle/Gale/Gail to another!

2:50 PM  
Blogger craftivore said...

Happy 2009! Love the sock monkey hat, it matches his beard.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Wow - I love the hat.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

That's a great hat!! Happy New Year, Gale.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I applaud your restraint in the hat for Dave, but I am seriously amused at the thought of the hat with bit of red.

wonderful pooch pose!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home