Tuesday, January 10, 2006

local colorway

Here are fingerless mitts I've been knitting. I like how they look but couldn't figure out why I like the colors together.

localcolor5

Until I paid attention to what I like looking at around the 'hood.

localcolorcomp

Simple minded ? or inspired? You be the judge......hey! be nice!

For the record, the odd green is a skein of vintage Brown Sheep, from when they used to have 100% wool, originally natural colored, dyed with koolaid, and the brown is Alfa Maskin Vaskbar, a Norwegian wool/mohair blend.

3 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

You're a natural with color combinations.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, beautiful post. The juxtiposition of your photos with your knitting is always a joy to see -- Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps a bit of yearning for Spring as well? Looks like fresh earth and young plants to me. At any rate, the colors do look lovely together in the mitts and the photography.